With up to half of Australian teachers leaving the profession each year, most claiming 'the job was not what we were expecting', this professional development is a must to prepare you and provide the best start to your lifelong career.
This full day workshop is split into four sessions, in each session attendees will explore, unpack and discuss the issues facing graduate teachers today. Teachers will engage in highly motivating, practical activities to develop a deeper understanding of the profession. Presenters will share current classroom experiences and expectations through the eyes of leaders, sharing essential strategies (and top tips) to ensure personal wellbeing and teacher efficacy.
Graduate teachers will be armed with practical activities and strategies for providing successful classrooms. Including a complete plan for the first week in your own classroom, along with resources for immediate use.
This full day workshop will provide graduate teachers with:
This workshop is suitable for pre-service teachers and graduate teachers in the primary sector. First year teachers and CRT’s will also benefit from this professional development.
1. Know students and how they learn 1.1 1.2 & 1.6
2. Know the content and how to teach it 2.1 & 2.2
3. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning 3.3 3.4 3.5 & 3.7
4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments 4.1 4.2 4.3 & 4.4
5. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning 5.3 & 5.5
6. Engage in Professional Learning 6.2 6.4
Excellence in Teaching and Learning
Positive Climate for Learning